Sometimes you just need a safe space to be yourself, to connect with God, to reflect deeply, or even just to do some work in a quiet environment. Collegiate/Wesley offers many “spaces and places” for you to recharge, renew, and reconnect. Here are just a few…
Quiet, reflective spaces
- Nichols Chapel, located at the northwest corner of the building, is a small chapel that is always open. In addition to housing our Columbarium, Nichols Chapel has four beautiful stained glass windows that were recently commissioned for the church.
- The Meditation Chapel is a very tiny space just outside the main Sanctuary, near the south door on the main floor.
- The Gilgal, located to the north of the building, is a unique natural environment for reflection.
- The backyard contains two picnic benches where you can enjoy your lunch or a good book. Coming soon to this area: a Little Free Library!
- The courtyard (center of the building) is another small space for conversation, reading, or enjoying a cup of coffee.
- Whenever rooms are not in use, you are welcome to use them for studying. There is free wireless in most of the building (no password required; choose CUMCWFGuest as the SSID.)
- The Computer Lab on the first floor is a great place to check your email or even to work on a paper if your own computer is on the fritz.
- The Student Lounge (upstairs on the north side) has several comfy couches and chairs, a TV with cable, a computer, a pop machine, and a snack area.
Good for the soul and body
- faithspring, our Sunday afternoon worship service at 5:30 PM, is both fun and thought-provoking. Whether you’re looking for great music with meaning-filled lyrics or a casual environment where you can just be yourself, faithspring is sure to fill your heart and mind. Plus, stick around for the free meal afterwards!
- Soup Supper is one of the favorite parts of the week for many people in the congregation. It takes place Wednesdays (during the school year) at 6:15 PM. Two kinds of soup (usually one is meat-based, one is vegetarian) plus bread, beverages and table service are provided. Many participants bring dishes to share potluck-style. We even have birthday cakes almost every week! Whether or not you have food to bring to the table, bring yourself…you’re certainly welcome.
Come on in and make yourself at home!