This year, our congregation has set a goal to double the number of households who give to one of the nine mission organizations, ministries or individuals we are particularly supporting this year. That means, we’re looking for 200 individuals or families to make a donation of any size, through the church, to one of these terrific ministries and organizations*:
- Ames Ecumenical Housing
- AMOS (A Mid-Iowa Organizing Strategy)
- Emergency Residence Project
- Good Neighbor Emergency Assistance
- Justice for Our Neighbors
- Katherine Parker, United Methodist Missionary in Nepal
- Project Home Mission (MICA)
- United Methodist Committee on Relief (UMCOR)
- Women at the Well
- *You can also designate your gift as “Undesignated.” At the end of the year, we will distribute these gifts to whichever organizations are short of our typical annual giving.
Each of these organizations, ministries or individuals does amazing work to make an impact on the lives of those who are poor, marginalized, or in need of assistance. Please consider giving a gift to one of them, and encourage your friends to do so as well. By the way, if more than one individual within a family gives, that still counts as one household.
Please note: while you can of course give your gift anonymously, we are unable to include your gift in our total number of households. So, we encourage you to be sure to note your name with your gift.
Click here to make a gift today, or send in your check made out to “Collegiate United Methodist Church/Wesley Foundation” to 2622 Lincoln Way, Ames, IA 50014. Cash donations may be made in the office or using the special missions envelope on the first Sunday of each month.
Donations received in the church office by Dec. 28 OR postmarked by Dec. 31 will count for 2017.