Grow in Faith thru Sunday School
Sunday School Registration: Online Form
Children are encouraged to attend Sunday School to grow in their faith and learn with others from the Bible. Sunday School is 9:45-10:45 on Sunday mornings during the school year. Classes are on the 2nd level which has beautiful murals painted by a member of the congregation. For more information about children’s Sunday School, contact Lauren Loonsfoot, email@example.com.
There are two classes for children who are not yet in school – the 2 Year Olds Class and the Preschool class. The wonderful teachers model Christian love and help the kids learn about faith using the “Grow, Proclaim, Serve!” curriculum.
Click for information about our nursery (children up to age 3).
Sunday School is a little different for elementary aged children – the curriculum was written by members and staff of our congregation! It is based on the Workshop Rotation Model which recognizes that people learn in many different ways. Children learn a Bible story for a month, each week experiencing the story through art, drama, science, games, music, or in another “workshop” format. All of the elementary school kids meet in Nichols Chapel at the beginning of Sunday school for singing and fellowship.
Short-term Studies for Children
- Third graders are presented with Bibles each fall, then participate in an 8-week class focused on learning to use them.
- During the year, there are occasional short-term studies offered for children.
- Vacation Bible School (VBS) is a great week-long learning opportunity for children that is offered each summer.
Life of the Church
Collegiate/Wesley is a hoppin’ place – there is always something going on! Here are a few things children can be involved in.
- Kids Korner is a supervised play time for children that takes place after the “Time with the Children” during the both worship service.
- Chorister’s Choir is for children in grades 2-5 and meets on Wednesdays from 5:30-6:15 in the Fireside Room. More info about music can be found here.
- The Manger Gift Service is our version of Christmas program. There is a live baby Jesus and giving of gifts, which go to various non-profit organizations in the area.
- The Library is open every day. Children are welcome to check out the books in the children section and to look for the new Veggie Tales DVDs.
Another way children can get involved in the United Methodist Church is by attending a camp. Camp is offered many times during the year for preschoolers to highschoolers. For more information click here